Hello Chocolate Sundaes Readers! ! I am so excited to be guest posting here today! Jamie is so creative- right!?!
Let me introduce myself!
I am Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeansa little DIY blog that I co-author with my best friend Jeannine.
I am a mom to a 2 year old son (who we adopted from Korea about 1.5 years ago!) and a wife to an amazing man! I love all things crafty!
We have all kinds of fun stuff going one at Fireflies and Jellybeans! We have a Show Off Your Stuff Party every Thursday where you can link up your posts that you want to show off!
These CUTE chalkboard mugs will be perfect for any party! AND they are SUPER easy to make!
Here is what you will need:
Mugs (either new or ones you already have!)
Sand paper (Optional)
Primer (not pictured)
Chalkboard paint (you can get this at most hardware, or craft stores)
1. Tape off your mug where you want your chalkboard rectangle to be.
2. Prime you mug in the area you taped off. Let primer dry according to the label.
3. After the primer is dry, paint on your first layer of chalkboard paint. Let dry according to label.
**Some primers suggesting sanding in between layers**
4. Paint on your second coat of chalk board paint. Let dry and cure according to the label.
5. Remove the painter’s tape.
6. Rub some chalk all over the area you painted and wipe off to set the chalkboard paint up.
Invite your friend over for some nice warm drinks!
Or you can write the name of the drink on the mug…
Or write your blog name!
I think the would make a really fun Mother’s day gift paired with her favorite coffee and treats!
Thanks Jamie, for having me on: **Note: these mugs are now HAND wash only***