and we are very excited to have been asked to participate in the Crazy Christmas Crafters event here at I heart nap time!
today we’ll be sharing our
Here’s what you’ll need:
-3 styrofoam trees: sizes 15×5, 12×4, and 9×4
-3 small candlesticks (you can find these at just about any thrift store for about 50 cents)
-glue: Elmer’s glue for the glitter and a stronger glue like E6000 to glue the tree to the candlestick
-glitter in your favorite 3 colors (we found these awesome colors of glitter at hobby lobby)
-white spray paint
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- give your tree a good coating of the spray adhesive. you can use the elmers glue for this part, but the spray adhesive covers better and gives a nice smooth finish, plus it’s a lot faster. leave the bottom of the tree undone, this will get glittered at the end.
- once you have your tree coated in glue, cover it completely with glitter. when all 3 trees have been glitterized set them aside to dry.
- next take your 3 candlesticks and give them a couple quick coats of white spray paint. then let those dry completely.
- now take your E6000 and glue the candlesticks to the trees. it’s best to let them sit overnight. (keep an eye on it though. on one of the trees the glue ate away some of the styrofoam and my tree tilted to the side. so just check on it for the first hour or so.)
- when everything is completely dry, flip them over and cover the remaining part with glue and glitter. (we used the elmers glue for this part)
- then all you have left to do is decide where to put them!!
Thanks so much for having us Jamielyn!!—————————————————————–
Wow aren’t those darling?! I LOVE glitter trees, and love the colors they chose! Thanks so much Eighteen25 for sharing these with us, can’t wait to make some!**Edited to add: The Girls at Eighteen25 are amazing and now have a free printable for the subway art.
Print it here!
Click over to their website here if the link isn’t working.