Hello Naptime Crafters!!
I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello.
I’m a mom of four and when I’m not driving my kids around I love to craft and decorate!!
I am so honored and thrilled to be taking part in the Crazy Christmas Crafter party!! My family will tell you that I definitely am crazy and crafty – LOL!
I just love Jamielyn and her cute ideas!
And speaking of crazy, you may know that I am crazy about Subway Art. So I thought it might be awesome to combine Subway Art AND Christmas into a pillow.
Here’s what I did:
- I figured out the size of pillow that I wanted to make. Then I split the pillow up into a green part which is smaller and a red part which is larger. It ended up being 5 inches in height for the green and 8 inches in height for the red. Then I sewed the two pieces together.
- I decided to make an envelope back so I added 6 inches to the width of the back and cut the back in two — so the back overlaps by three inches. I sewed the pillow together.
- I used my Silhouette and Heat Transfer Vinyl for the letters. I love that stuff!
- I layed it all out on my computer and then cut it on my Silhouette.
- Then I ironed on the lettering.
- The last thing I did was make a flower for a little extra embellishment. I attached the flower to the pillow and voila I was done!!
Now I have a little Christmas Subway Art to ring in the Holiday Season!!
Thanks Jen for sharing your cute pillow! I love it! This would be fun to try with fabric paint too. If you haven’t been by Tater Tots and Jello, go now! She always has fun posts she’s sharing, and her link parties are definitely one of my fave’s!
Also, don’t forget about the Silhouette giveaway going on now!!