Thanks for stopping by! To get the newest recipes subscribe or join us on facebook.
Over the weekend I did a little experimenting in the kitchen. I have a crush on orange soda (pun totally intended-ha) so I decided to make orange creamsicle cupcakes. Boy did these surpass my expectations. Whenever I make up a recipe I have NO idea how it will turn out, but these orange cupcakes turned out absolutely delicious! Especially the frosting. Wow! I may have licked it straight from the bowl. Shh… don’t tell! I had to take them to my neighbors asap.
The jello pudding makes these cupcakes super soft and the orange soda gives them a sweet kick. These would be super fun for a summer or Halloween party!
Delicious orange cream cupcakes
- 1 16.5 oz white cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 6 Tb orange jello powder save 1 TB for frosting
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange soda room temperature
- 1 8 oz cube of cream cheese softened
- 1 cube (1/2 cup) salted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350. Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding and 5 Tb of jello in a large bowl. Beat in egg whites, vegetable oil and orange soda. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place batter in cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and allow to cool.
- For frosting combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. With a mixer beat until smooth. Add jello, orange extract and powdered sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
My little boy sure loved helping me make these cupcakes! He is the best taste tester. ;)
He even helped me frost the cupcakes… right after he gave himself a tattoo. He’s quite the artist, don’t you think? ;)
These really are to die for! I love all things orange and these definitely made it to the top of the list! If you want to make the pinwheels find the tutorial here.
Looking for more recipes like this? Check out: jello cookies, orange creamsicle cookies, Neapolitan cupcakes, coconut cupcakes .