Hello and Happy Summer to all you lovely I Heart Nap Time readers! I’m Maggie from the crafty DIY blog, Smashed Peas and Carrots and I’m so excited to be here today to share a super easy and festive way to jazz up your cupcakes for the upcoming 4th of July holiday with my Easy Pom-Pom Firecracker Cupcake Toppers! Of course you could always change up the pom-pom colors to coordinate with any celebration, happy cupcake decorations for all!
Pom-Pom Maker (I used the Clover 1 3/4 inch and 1 5/8 inch)
To make the pom-poms, I used the Clover brand pom-pom makers that you can buy at your local Jo-Anns store. You can always check out the video I made HERE if you need help with your pom-pom makers. They are pretty easy to work although I totally get that sometimes the first time using them can be tricky!
You will also need a pair of scissors, some fun yarn colors, and toothpicks!
1. Open up the Pom-Pom maker and wrap the yarn around both “rainbow” sections.
2. Close up the Pom-Pom maker so it is back to it’s original look except now you will have yarn wrapped around the outer circle.
3. Take your scissors and cut along the middle of each wrapped section. Then clip a small piece of yarn (about 6 inches or so) and slide it in between the groove in the middle of the Pom-Pom maker. Pull it tight and tie it into a knot.
4. Pull the Pom-Pom maker apart.
5. Take out the Pom-Pom and use your scissors to shape it so it is nice and fluffy.
6. Push a toothpick into the center of the Pom-Pom.
Now decorate your cupcakes or cakes with these sweet little Pom-Pom Firecracker Cupcake Toppers. The perfect decorations for any party!!
Thanks for having me today, it was a blast to be visiting! Come on by and check out all the fun I’ve been having over a Smashed Peas and Carrots, I’d love to have you!
I’m Maggie from the DIY crafty blog, Smashed Peas and Carrots. I’m a busy momma to four little ones 6 and under and I love sharing my love for all things DIY including step-by-step sewing and craft tutorials, delicious family-friendly recipes, projects to do with your little ones, and of course my life as a momma over on my blog. I also run my own children’s clothing company under the same name, Smashed Peas and Carrots, where I sell unique and handmade classics such as vintage-style dresses for little girls and custom onesies for babies. Stop by and visit me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram.
THANKS Maggie for sharing this fun project during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.
Mark your calendars! Join me for a twitter party TONIGHT at 7-8PM CST with @ColemanUSA ,@BHG, @inspiredbycharm and several other awesome bloggers! #BHGgrilling