Printable Activity Advent Calendar
By Erin of Strawberry Mommycakes for I Heart Nap Time.
I love advent calendars. We used to eat a candy everyday growing up and my husband and I made a clay one when we got married. The velcro that we stuck on the clay melted in the Arizona heat and ruined all of our work…so I’ve had a hard time bringing myself to make a new calendar. This Printable Activity Advent Calendar is perfect because it didn’t take hours (or days) like the last one and I can easily involve the kids.
My husband LOVES Christmas. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that loves Christmas as much as he does, so I know this is something that he can really enjoy too. Each day, I wrote a Christmas activity on a card that I stuck in my mini envelopes. They range in simple things like “Sing Jingle Bells” or “Drink Hot Chocolate” to “Bake Christmas Cookies.” I may have 2 or 3 cards in there that say “Drink Hot Chocolate.”
- My FREE Printables, for personal use only
- Card Stock
- Silhouette Cameo or scissors
- Medium width ribbon (I loved that mine had dots for easy measuring)
- 16″ X 20″ Frame
- Glue Gun
- Print off the envelope files. To make the envelopes, follow the instructions to my “We Love Dad” Father’s Day Printables. Super easy, I promise!
- After you make all your envelopes, measure out 5 pieces of ribbon to your frame. Make them about 18″ long.
- Start gluing the top of the envelopes to the ribbon.
- Repeat for each card and for each piece of ribbon.
- Take out the glass and backing from your frame. Lie it face down on your work place.
- Lay out the ribbon and envelopes so they are also facing down.
- Glue the ends to the back of the frame.
- After that, you’ll print off the card files and write down Christmas activities. Some ideas are to write a Christmas story together, look at Christmas lights, decorate the tree, go caroling and more!
I’m so excited to get started on this…and a little bummed that I have to wait a month! What kind of activities or traditions do you do with your family for the Christmas season?
Click HERE to see more from our Crazy Christmas Event