I know Christmas is over, but this recipe was to yummy not to share! You can make this dessert any day (or every day) and mix up the fruits. When my mom announced “The salad’s on the table” at our Christmas dinner we definitely were not expecting this type of salad. THIS is my kind of salad!
Raspberries, cream cheese, cool whip and pretzels. WOW!
This was so delicious! The pretzels added the perfect addition. This is a must try recipe!
Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Layer 1-
- 2 cups of pretzels (crushed)
- 1 1/2 cubes of butter (12 TB)
- 3 T sugar
- Layer 2-
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 8 oz. cool whip (softened)
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- Layer 3-
- 1 pkg Raspberry Jell-O (Lg box)
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 packages of frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
- Combine crushed pretzels, butter and sugar. Place in greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400 for 10 min. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cream together cream cheese, cool whip and sugar. Pour on top of Pretzel crust and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix together Jell-O and hot water in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Then mix in the raspberries and cold water. Pour on top of cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until Jell-O is hard.