Shoe refashion with In Between Laundry
Let’s welcome cute Erin from In Between Laundry. She’ll be showing you how to dress up your slippers.
Hi! I’m Erin
and I’m just about as pleased
as punch to visit with you girls today!
That’s me with my
husband and our two stinks– 4 and 8 months.
is all about
do-able crafts, pretty amazing recipes (if I do say so myself), ideas, and kid stuff, topped off with a healthy dose of our Ca-Razy home renovation.
Here are a few of my recent projects.
Today I’m sharing my
Make your shoes one-of-a-kind for any outfit with interchangeable goodies on
1. Start with a simple pair of slippers.
2. Remove any existing embellishments.
3. You’ll need Velcro; I used the sticky-back discs, but you will glue it on
anyway, so you could use the non-adhesive, too.
4. Design your new accessories by asking your husband to watch the children
while you root through the craft section at Wal-Mart. Or use what you have.
I picked these out of the jewelry-making aisle. They have a mother-of-pearl
sheen to them that spoke to me. Are they kind of art deco? I’m not sure.
5. Attach the fuzzy dots to the embellishments and the coarser dots to the
shoes. Or vice versa. It makes me no mind.
I glued my Velcro to the shoes for extra reinforcement– after several months of
wear, they’re still holding on strong!
Attach the other set of dots to your embellishment and you’re done!
Gear up for the compliments!