5 tips for outdoor entertaining -great for summer BBQ’s and get togethers.
Now that the weather is finally warming up, I have a feeling we’ll all be spending a lot more time outside. This weekend was absolutely beautiful and we spent everyday outside. Since Saturday was 70 and sunny (something we haven’t seen in about 6 months), we decided to host a last minute BBQ with some friends.
It was a gorgeous evening full of yummy food, friends, bike rides, s’mores and laughter. The best part? There was little fuss that went into it. Getting together with friends doesn’t need to be something that’s planned for days. Keep it simple and enjoy the evening.
5 tips for outdoor entertaining with little fuss
1. Keep the food simple. Sometimes I like to go all out on food… however, when it’s a last minute shin dig, I like to keep things simple. Hamburger, hot dogs, chips, salad, fresh fruit and cold drinks. Then of course s’mores! All things that take little prep work are perfect for a BBQ in my book. Less stress and more time to enjoy the evening.
2. Say yes to help. If your guests offer to bring a dish to share, let them. It’s always fun to try new foods …and let’s face it there can never be enough food at a BBQ.
3. Set up a table just for food. It’s nice to have a designated area where guests can grab the drinks and food.
4. Don’t get overly fussy with fancy dishes. I like to use some plastic and tin dish wear that are nonbreakable and paper goods. I found these cute trays, bowls, drink dispenser and ice bucket all from Walmart. The trays and ice bucket were only $7.94! Score!
5. Set up yard games. We like to keep it simple and pull out the bikes, frisbee, bean bag toss and balls. This keeps the kids (and adults) entertained!
A summer BBQ should be fun and relaxed. Make sure to make your guests feel welcomed and enjoy the evening!
What’s your favorite foods for entertaining?