Hello friends! Happy October 1st! Yay! I’m excited to share these fun monster cookies with you today. Earlier in the year I was contacted by Airheads to create a Halloween treat for their Halloween treat boxes. I had so much fun partnering with them on this project. It was really neat to see them pop up into stores last week! Of course we had to buy a few boxes for our Halloween stash! I may have already snuck into that stash. Shh! ;)
My kids absolutely LOVED these monster cookies! We had a lot of fun making them together. We even cheated and bought store bought cookies to make it easier! All you need is some cookies, a little frosting, Airheads and googly eyes to make these monster cookies this Halloween!
I found it super helpful to roll the Airheads out with a rolling pin before cutting out the shapes.
For the mummy I used white Airheads and cut it into strips with a pizza cutter. Then I stuck the eyes on top.
For Frankenstein I cut triangles from the green Airheads and decorated the face with some smaller pieces of Airheads, googly eyes and edible marker.
For the 3-eyed monster I used my small circle cuter and placed googly eyes on top of those.
You could also make your own googly eyes with Mentos and an edible marker.
So what are you excited for this October?!
Keep up on new products with Airheads on their Facebook page.
Disclosure: This post was in partnership with Airheads. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Airheads monster cookies
- 12 pieces Airheads candy
- 12.25 ounces Sugar cookie mix (1 box)
- 16 ounces Frosting (1 container)
- Food coloring
- Edible googly eyes
- Butter knife
- Pizza cutter
- Mini cookie cutters
- Prepare sugar cookie mix according to package. Allow cookies to cool.
- Mix food coloring into frosting and use a knife to frost the cookies.
- Unwrap Airheads and cut them into strips with your pizza cutter.
- Cut out desired shapes of Airheads with your cookie cutters.
- Attach the eyes and other features onto the cookie.
- Tip: You can use a rolling pin to flatter your Airheads before cutting them.