Bon Bon Cookies
I love, love, love making homemade treats for Christmas, and I am excited to share my newest cookie recipe with you! These Bon Bon Cookies have a surprise caramel center, and they are simply decadent!
I adapted the recipe from an old Pillsbury cookbook, and they are unlike any cookie I’ve ever tried before. They start with a base of melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, so you know they’re going to be good! The cookie dough is super yummy, and since it doesn’t have any eggs, you can eat as much as you want.
In the original recipe, you just drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate, but I wanted to do something a little more festive. I spooned white chocolate on top, then added some holly berries made out of chocolate candies and cut up gumdrops. They are simple to decorate, but I think they turned out so pretty!
Caramel-filled Bon Bon Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 10oz bag Hershey’s kisses with caramel
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut or canola oil
- chocolate candies and green gumdrops
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium low heat. Turn heat to very low and add chocolate chips. Cook and stir till smooth and melted. Remove from heat and stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Dough will be stiff. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. Flatten it out and put a caramel kiss in the middle. Wrap the dough around the kiss, sealing it inside the dough. Repeat with remaining dough. Place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 7 minutes. Cookies will be shiny on top, but will set up as they cool. Let cool on pans for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring ever 30 seconds. Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate over each cookie, letting it drip halfway down. Use kitchen shears to cut small leaves from the green gumdrops. Top each cookie with a red chocolate candy and two gumdrop leaves.
If you want to share these heavenly little goodies, I have designed a little gift tag to go with them. You can get the free printable it at my site.
Holly Jolly Gift Tags
Aren’t these holiday cookies amazing! If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy these festive cookies!