Juicy and tender seared chicken topped with a flavorful homemade bruschetta made with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This bruschetta chicken is an easy and delicious dinner recipe that has the perfect combination of flavors.
Table of Contents
Perfect Chicken Dish for Summer
Last week, I made my favorite bruschetta recipe and it was SO delicious! When summer rolls around, I’m always reminded of how much I love bruschetta and just how tasty it is. We had some of the mixture leftover, so what better way to use it up by making a bruschetta chicken!
If you’ve never tried this meal, it is so simple and the flavors from the tomato and basil compliment the chicken so well. It’s the perfect lower carb main dish for the summer and is a great way to use up your garden’s bounty. I love to add some fresh shaved parmesan cheese and a balsamic glaze for even more flavor. I’m telling you, it’s so fresh and delicious!
- Chicken: I like to use chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally.
- Italian seasoning: This adds an added boost of flavor to the chicken.
- Bruschetta: A simple mixture of tomatoes, garlic, basil, and vinegar makes this dish and can be made in advance.
- Parmesan cheese: The saltiness of the cheese works perfectly with the bruschetta.
- Balsamic glaze: You can use store-bought or make your own.
- Slice meat in half. Cut the chicken in half before cooking so that it sears faster and more evenly.
- Prepare bruschetta in advance. Make the bruschetta ahead of time so that when dinner rolls around, it’s one less thing to do. It will need to refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together.
- Add cheese. Mozzarella would also taste great in this dish. Mix fresh mozzarella cubes in with the tomatoes to make bruschetta caprese, or you can also melt a slice of mozzarella directly on top of the chicken.
- Grilling method. You can grill the chicken instead if preferred. Just season and cook on grill until cooked through.
- Balsamic glaze. Try making your own balsamic glaze to drizzle on top. You only need two ingredients!
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken
- Season. Toss the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook. Add the chicken to a skillet with oil and sear until cooked through.
- Serve. Top with bruschetta and parmesan cheese. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
Ways to Serve Bruschetta Chicken
- I love serving the chicken on a bed of lettuce for a healthier alternative.
- You can also serve it with cooked pasta.
- Another idea is to cut a french baguette into 4 pieces (then slice vertically) and add cooked chicken slices and bruschetta on top. It would be extra yummy topped with melted cheese too. :)
Favorite Sides for Serving
- Grilled asparagus or roasted asparagus
- Green beans
- Vegetable skewers
- Kale quinoa salad
- Roasted zucchini and squash
- Grilled corn
- Parmesan roasted broccoli
Making the bruschetta ahead of time means the flavors have time to meld and it is one less step come dinner time. The bruschetta will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Of course! I would use bone-in for more flavor and adjust the cooking time as needed.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Place the chicken into the pan. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the center is cooked through.
- Top with bruschetta and parmesan cheese. Drizzle the glaze over the top.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!