Perfectly soft white chocolate butterscotch cookies that will melt in your mouth! This recipe is one of my go-to desserts and is always a crowd pleaser. So delicious!
Table of Contents
Butterscotch + White Chocolate
I’m usually not one to pick butterscotch for my go-to cookies, but these will definitely be on our rotation from now on. They are super soft and taste great the next day. It’s nice to mix up the ordinary chocolate chip every once in awhile. Give them a try…you won’t regret it!
I did some baking over the weekend with my little guy. He LOVES to help me bake cookies on Sunday. It’s become a weekly tradition, which has been fun for all of us. We bake and then the hubs gets to be our taste tester. He definitely doesn’t complain. ;)
How to Make Butterscotch Cookies
Wet ingredients. Cream together the butter and sugars using an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the oil, vanilla and almond extract.
Dry ingredients. Add in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Then fold in both types of chocolate chips. Scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake. Bake at 350°F for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown but the centers are soft. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Before baking, I like to add extra chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls. It makes them look just a little better. :)
- Make sure to beat in one egg at a time.
- Don’t skip out on the almond extract…this extra ingredient is what helps to make the butterscotch cookies taste so yummy!
- Remove them from the oven when the edges are lightly golden, but the centers are still soft. They will continue to bake on the pan, resulting in a super soft and chewy cookie.
- Allow the cookies to set on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
To freeze the dough: Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes, or until the dough has hardened. Then place the dough balls in an airtight container or bag. Store in freezer for up to 3 months. To bake from frozen, let the dough sit on the counter while the oven preheats. Then bake as directed. They may need to bake a few more minutes from frozen.
To freeze baked cookies: Let cool completely, then place in an airtight container or bag. Store in freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw before enjoying.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Butterscotch Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in one egg at a time. Mix in oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Then fold in butterscotch and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. The middles should still be soft. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
My family would love this! Can’t wait to try it.
These look so amazing! I love homemade cookies. I have got to try this sometime. :)
I love both butterscotch and almond extract, so these were right up my alley! So easy, and so tasty. It’s nice that they freeze so well, but it’s also a little dangerous having them on hand. ;)
Anything with white chocolate is going to get my immediate attention, and these cookies were GREAT. Loved the flavors of both in these!
Made this for my girlfriend last night and she is in love with it! Thanks for sharing this awesome receipt.
I’m so glad! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Very good recipe for enjoying a holiday.Thanks for sharing. It sounds yummy. :)
These are my kind of treat! So good!
These sound delicious right about now!
Those look like total perfection, yum!
Cookies are always been my favorite snacks. These are looking so yummy! And even super easy and quick.