I’m so excited to show you my chalk paint desk makeover today. I bought this desk over a year ago but I never got around to finishing the last little details to show all of you! It’s amazing what a little paint and love can do to an old piece of furniture! I am loving the coral/gold combo lately.
This little piece is going in the naptime studio/craft room and is the perfect little spot to sew or work on little projects. For now it has been keeping my cute little blue typewriter out of storage. ;)
Here’s what it looked like before. I found it thrifting for $35!
Here’s how I painted it.
- First I removed the hardware and sanded down the edges a little.
2. Then I mixed up some chalk paint. Recipe here. I used this color of paint:
3. Next I painted 3 coats of paint, allowing it to dry a couple hours in between each coat.
4. The last step was spray painting the hardware. I did 3 coats, allowing it to dry in between.
I let the desk and hardware dry over night and then put it all back together the next day. I love the end result!
I also thought it would be fun to add a bit of pizzaz to the drawers …so those got lined with contact paper for a fun touch.
Here’s some other close up’s of the desk and collage wall behind it. I also found that cute little white chair while thrifting.
Here’s some fun inspirational prints I found from around the web. I also have one available for you to download at the bottom of this post. :)
I’ll share more details from my craft room soon! It’s ALMOST done …after two years! ;)
- Desk paint color: Home Decorators Cosmic Coral from Home Depot
- How to make chalk paint: Tutorial here
- Craft room sign: Barn Owl Primitives
- Funky frames: Cut It Out
- Inspiration sign: Grand Design Co.
- Eat sleep craft free printable: Craftaholics Anonymous
- Choose to be Happy: Yellow Bungalow Shop
- White frames: Hobby Lobby
- Flowers: Target
- Desk/typewriter: Thrifted
Let me know if I’m missing something that you’re looking for and I’ll add it to the list. ;)