Hello! We are the sisters from Six Sisters’ Stuff and we are SO thrilled to be here today!
To us, Christmas just isn’t Christmas without cookies. When we were growing up, our sweet mom would spend hours in the kitchen during the holiday season baking yummy cookies and treats for our neighbors and friends.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and the Candy Cane Kiss on top makes it look so fun and festive!
Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies - This recipe is absolutely delicious and the Candy Cane Kiss on top makes it look so fun and festive!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (+ 2 tbsp)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (1 bag, unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to avoid cookies from flattening.
- After your dough has chilled, drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until set up but the centers are still soft. Let the cookies cool for 1-2 minutes. Top each cookie with an unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss. Allow to cool long enough for the Kisses to harden.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1.5% | Calcium: 2.7% | Iron: 5.4%PIN THIS RECIPE