Easy Chocolate Love Birds made with Reese’s pieces, sprinkles, frosting and a peanut butter cup. The perfect way to say I love you!
My kids loved helping me make this love birds and decorate the Reese’s pieces. They were giggling when we put on the kissing lips. I also caught them sneaking a few pieces along the way. But seriously… who could resist?
Seriously aren’t these adorable?! I used a grass frosting tip with my buttercream frosting and made a little nest for the two love birds. You could put the Reese’s Pieces on top of cupcakes or cookies too!
I added the love birds little sprinkle red lips with a little dab of frosting! A toothpick works great for this.
You can even add a fun little ‘love birds’ tag and glue it on a toothpick. Or just enjoy them as is!
Such a fun little treat for Valentine’s Day! Looking for more Valentine’s Day treats? You’ll love these too:
This post is brought to you by REESE’S
Chocolate Love Birds
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 24 yellow Reese’s Pieces
- Small red heart sprinkles
- Black food writer pen
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cream or milk
- Green food coloring
- For the frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl whip the butter. Slowly add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Add the vanilla and 1 more cup of powdered sugar and continue mixing. At this point you may need to add a teaspoon or two of milk to thin the frosting down. Add more or less milk depending on the consistency. You want the frosting to be thick, creamy and to be able to hold a point. Mix in the green food coloring and stir until smooth. Place in a frosting bag with a grass tip. Then swirl onto the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Draw two eyes onto the Reese’s Pieces with a writer pen. Then place a little dab of frosting onto the Reese’s Pieces with a toothpick and then place the heart sprinkle on and allow to dry.
- Place love birds on top of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.