You know the day when you forget it’s your Birthday? Yup, that totally happend to me. I guess that’s how it goes when you’re a mom and working full time. ;) My husband always jokes that today is NOT my Birthday. It’s kind of odd because I’m born on leap year, so technically I don’t have a birth DAY this year. My hubs thinks I should celebrate March 1st… but then my Birthday is no longer in February. Plus… I’m all for celebrating it a day early on the 28th.
Growing up we ended up celebrating Birthdays all week long. It was pretty sweet! My husband has something up his sleeve for tonight and this afternoon I’m getting a pedicure and going out to eat with a friend. I may be consuming massive amounts of cake and frosting as well. ;)
So in honor of my Birthday/week how about some chocolate marshmallow cookies? Oh and you can’t forget the reese’s. My son had to add those in. ;) These actually turned out super yummy! My kids decided to throw a bunch of stuff in and they turned out perfect. Crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. Just the way I like it!
Chocolate marshmallow cookies w/ Reese’s
- 2 sticks salted butter (at room temp)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Reese's pieces
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in vanilla and eggs; mix until combined. Mix the dry ingredients in and stir just until combined. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and Reese's pieces. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop cookies and place dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for one minute and then remove onto cooling rack. Enjoy!
Grab a cold glass of milk and enjoy!! I may have two since it’s my Birthday. ;)
Looking for more cookie recipes? You’ll love these:
White chocolate butterscotch cookies