Hi friends! It’s Whitney from Salt & Baker. I’m sharing my favorite Jell-O of all time… Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O. The flavor and texture is like nothing you’ve had before! This Jell-O is packed with pomegranates, crushed pineapple, and raspberry pie filling. Not to mention, there’s sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream that garnishes the top. You can’t say no to that!
I can’t believe Christmas is only a few weeks away! I’m finalizing my holiday food menu, I can’t wait to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast and my Gingerbread Bundt Cake for dessert. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle that comes with the holiday season. I find myself reflecting on memories from the past and most often those memories have some kind of tie to food. The best thing about food is the power it has in bringing people together.
My family has a Christmas Eve dinner tradition. My mother makes the exact same foods each year for this dinner. It’s something myself and my siblings look forward to each year. This delicious Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O has made an appearance at my families annual Christmas dinner for over 10 years. We love it, and everyone who tastes it loves it too! It’s practically dessert, but we eat it as an appetizer. Dessert first, dinner second, right?!
You’ll be amazed at how easy this Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O is to make. The hardest task you’ll face will be extracting the pomegranate arils (seeds) from the pomegranate. Once you’ve successfully removed the arils, you’re ready to go!
Christmas Pomegranate Jello
- 6 oz Raspberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 21 oz can of raspberry pie filling and topping I use Duncan Hines brand
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple don’t drain juice
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the can of raspberry pie filling and topping to the Jell-O. Mix until the pie filling is dissolved (or no longer clumpy). Once dissolved, empty the can of crushed pineapple (including the juice) into the Jell-O mixture.
- Add the pomegranate fruits to the Jell-O. Pour the Jell-O mixture into a 9×13″ pan. Place in the refrigerator to set. About 3-4 hours.
- Once Jell-O is set, remove from the fridge. Slice bananas (about 1/2″ thick) and distribute evenly over top the Jell-O. Make the whipped topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using a hand mixer, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped topping mixture over the sliced bananas. Serve immediately, or place back in the fridge to keep cold until ready to serve.
You can make this dish the night before and then add the sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream right before serving. I hope you enjoy this classic Jell-O salad as much as my family does!
More delicious recipes you’ll find at Salt & Baker:
Thank you for taking the time to read about my Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O. Let’s become permanent friends! I’d love to have you stop by my blog, Salt & Baker. I share recipes that are delicious and occasionally nutritious. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Thanks so much for sharing in our Crazy Christmas Event!
Looking for more Jell-O recipes? You’ll love these too: