Cinnamon chip banana bread …super soft with the perfect flavor! It’s easy to make too!
So one of the struggles I have keeping up with the blog is time. I try really hard not to work on projects while the kids are awake because I feel like I’m not giving them my undivided attention. Well the other day I wanted to drop by a little gift to a friend of mine. Me and the kids were bored (so ready for AZ summers to be over)… so I decided that we’ll make some banana bread together. As much as my son LOVES to help.. I usually try to make things while he’s asleep. He is only two.. so his way of “helping” usually creates a complete mess.
However that day I decided … what the heck? He had so much fun helping me make this enemy pie… I knew he would have a great time making banana bread. He was the “masher” and the “dumper”. And boy did those bananas get mashed! At the end of the day there was bananas smashed on the floor, and flour dust still on the counters… but do you know what I’ve realized. It doesn’t matter! I’m teaching my son… and we had a great time together! I’m excited to find more projects we can work on together.
Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Then mix in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to sugar mixture and stir until combined. Fold in bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 4 small loaf pans. You can also make 24 muffins. Bake for 1 hour in a loaf pan, 35-45 minutes in a small loaf pan or 25 min in a muffin pan. You want the bread to be lightly browned. Make sure it comes clean with a toothpick.
- Once the bread is cooked, remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
My son also helped me make tags for the bread while it was cooling.
We had a great time together! And you know what… the ink happily came off the table (thank goodness)!
“Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.”
Hope everyone is having a fabulous Wednesday! Thanks so much for reading!