Homemade cinnamon crisps with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce -the perfect dessert for Cinco De Mayo.
We don’t do much for Cinco De Mayo (usually just some delicious tacos), but I thought it would be fun this year to make a little dessert and Cinco De Mayo kid’s craft.
These cinnamon crisps with ice cream and caramel are such an easy and delicious treat!
All you do is brush the tortillas (I used Old El Paso flour tortillas) with butter and cinnamon sugar. Then when they come out of the oven allow them to cool and break into pieces.
Enjoy with ice cream and caramel sauce. YUM!
For the craft we made these homemade boleros. We got similar ones in Mexico for the kids and they absolutely loved them. We thought it would be fun to try and make our own at home. This is a super easy craft and game all in one. You probably have everything you need to make these at home and it will take less than 10 minutes to make. Promise!
- paper cup
- hot glue
- paper straw
- string or twine
1. Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with a pen or pencil. Push the straw through and then secure with hot glue.
2. Tie the string around the straw and then tie the bead around the opposite end.
That’s it! Then let your kids try to get the bead in the cup. :)
Super easy, inexpensive and fun!
Looking for more ideas for Cinco De Mayo? You’ll love these too:
- Free printable Fiesta banner
- 50 Best Mexican food recipes
- Churro cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 3 6-inch Old El Paso flour tortillas
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush each side of the tortillas with butter and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar until evenly coated.
- Place tortillas on pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.