So I am posting a post from my family blog since this week has just been crazier then crazy(painting our kitchen cabinets, which I cannot wait to reveal) and I think everyone needs to try this recipe! So here it goes…here’s the big confession…
My name is Jamie….and I’m addicted to cookies. Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I love to bake them.
I love to eat the cookie dough.
I especially love eating cookies about five minutes after they’ve come out of the oven with a big glass of milk while they are still gooey and chewy.
So here’s my big confession: I can’t STOP with one cookie. One cookie leads to another, and that cookie leads to the next…and so on. But who’s counting right?
Anyways I think I found the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve changed the recipe up just a little bit…but only for the better! I’m definitely not one of those people who won’t share their favorite recipe(doesn’t that totally bug?!)…anyways here it is:
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - The PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe that tastes so delicious!
- 2 cups butter ( I use 1 cup margarine and 1 cup butter or butter flavored Crisco)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups old fashioned oats (grind these in a blender till almost a powder, but still a little chunky)
- 24 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate chips (2 bags)
- 2 cups nuts (optional, I never add nuts!)
- 6.8 oz symphony bar (My secret ingredient: 1 Symphony Bar [The Big One] w/ Almond and Toffee Chips [Frozen] - After you grind oats in blender set aside and put frozen chocolate bar in blender and GRIND. If you don’t have symphony bar, you could just grind up chocolate chips)
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well. Mix flour, salt, soda, powder, and ground outs in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture while mixing. Gently stir in chocolate flakes (from bar) and chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 min. They may come out looking a little doughy but they will harden up fast, so DON’T over bake them. Enjoy!
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 5.8% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 4.8% | Iron: 7.5%
I’m telling you these cookies are amazing…you have to try them. We bake cookies every Sunday, and these are usually the ones we end up making. This recipe does make a lot of cookies, so I usually 1/2 it if I’m not planning on giving them away. Sometimes I freeze 1/2 the batch for emergencies as well. :)