Cookie butter popcorn recipe -easy to make and completely addictive!
While browsing the isles of Trader Joe’s a couple of weeks ago, I spotted the beloved cookie butter! I had to try this magical stuff! This was my first time trying cookie butter and it really lives up to all the hype. I literally took a spoon to the jar… okay I’ll stop there. Let me just tell you that it is addicting! Banana’s and cookie butter is my new favorite! I will forewarn you that today’s recipe is HIGHLY addictive! I could not keep my hands out of the bowl. I packaged it all up and gave it to my friends and then they were all begging for the recipe. So here ya go… ;)
This recipe really is so easy to make and I promise you the cookie butter makes ALL the difference. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, it is on Amazon… but a bit more pricey. It may be worth it though. ;)
Cookie Butter Popcorn
- 16 cups popcorn (air popped plain popcorn, I did 1/2 cup seeds + 1 TB oil)
- 16 oz candy coating (1 package, Kroger vanilla candy coating or candyquik)
- 3 tbsp cookie butter (found at Trader Joes … Biscoff or Peanut butter will work too)
- 1/2 cup candy melts (colored)
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- Optional: Sprinkles
- Pop your popcorn and place in a large bowl. Next melt your vanilla candy coating in the microwave according to the package directions. Then add the cookie butter to the melted chocolate.
- Stir until combined. Drizzle the coating over the popcorn. Stir until evenly coated. Mix in m&m’s and then spread out on wax paper.
- Melt your colored candy melts in the microwave and then drizzle on top of the popcorn. You can always add a few drops of food coloring to white chocolate chips as well.
- Top with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Num…num… package it up and pass it out for a Easter treat. :D
Here is a version I made for Valentine’s Day :)