Hello! It’s Christine from I Dig Pinterest and I’m absolutely thrilled to be a part of the fun Hello Summer series here on I Heart Nap Time!
If you read my blog you’ll quickly gather that I am a huge fan of desserts. When summer rolls around, I’m all about cool, melt-in-my-mouth confections. I love when I can incorporate the bright colors of the season into my homemade treats too!
I think watermelon is about the cutest and tastiest fruit out there, so I came up with a delicious, refreshing dessert that resembles it. I speak from experience when I say this Cool Watermelon Dessert is one that both kids and adults will enjoy! It’s creamy and fruity with a crunchy outer crust. Not to mention it’s just so fun looking!
Yum! My kids (almost literally) did flips for it! My husband and I reveled in it too. It’s an eye-catching, mouth-pleasing refreshment! It tastes like an ice cream of sorts, but with an ultra-smooth texture.
If you’re in need of a pick-me-up on a hot day, let this Watermelon Dessert be your friend!
I hope you’ll come say “hi” to me over at I Dig Pinterest soon!
Hi! I’m Christine, and I’m addicted to Pinterest! I love sharing creative “pin”-spiration by way of delicious recipes, fun crafts, party ideas, and DIY projects. I hope you’ll stop by often!
Cool Watermelon Dessert
Outer green crust:
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- 8 ounces container 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 14 ounces can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces can 6 oz. Strawberry Juice from concentrate (frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry Kool-Aid powder
Outer green crust:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted. Add food coloring and stir until desired color is reached. Add cereal and stir until completely combined. Turn off heat and let sit for a minute, until cool enough to handle. Press mixture around the edges of an 8″ round cake pan that’s been lightly sprayed around the edges with butter spray.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Add frozen strawberry juice and Kool-Aid powder and continue to gently fold. Don’t let the mixture become soupy. Pour into the middle of the pan and spread evenly. You may not need all of it, depending on the height and thickness of your outer crust. Save the extras, if you have them, for Popsicles! Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. Let freeze for 5-8 hours, or overnight if you’ve got the time.