This Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt is the perfect summer treat! Fun, flavorful, and healthy!
Hi there I Heart Naptime readers! My name is Serene and I blog over at House of Yumm, where I share family friendly recipes. I am beyond ecstatic to be here today with you and Jamielyn to share a fun Summer recipe for the Hello Summer event! I am such a fan of this blog. And an even bigger fan of naptimes. I have 4 kids, and naptime… is my favorite time of the day. While those little ones are awake though, I love treating them to special treats. Which I do my best to ensure don’t contain any extra sugar. Which is why, believe it or not, this Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt is perfect!
This treat is actually healthy for the kids, and yourself! Shhh..we won’t tell the kids though. It’s made with greek yogurt, almond milk (which you can substitute the milk of your choice of course), a little agave (which can also be substituted with maple syrup or honey), and some Cotton Candy oil flavoring. I used Lorann Hard Candy Flavoring Oil Cotton Candy Flavor.
When adding the sweetener to the yogurt mixture you can definitely add to taste. Keep in mind that you want to add just a slight bit extra since freezing it will affect the taste. So once you have it perfect, add just a bit more. And you can always add more Cotton Candy flavoring too if you want to bump up the flavor! This is such an easy recipe, one that you can easily adapt to make your own.
Of course, the food coloring is completely optional. Although I gotta say, I think that’s what my kids love most about this treat! I just divided the yogurt mixture in half, added my pink and blue food colorings, and then alternately poured into one single container to freeze it in. Using a butter knife I just gave a few quick swirls to mix the colors just slightly.
Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt Plain or Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Agave can substitute with maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons Cotton Candy Flavoring Oil
- Pink and Blue Food Coloring optional
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the yogurt and almond milk. Stir together until smooth and creamy. Add in the agave or sweetener of choice and mix to combine.
- Add in the Cotton Candy flavoring oil and stir until dispersed throughout the yogurt mixture. Add more to taste if preferred.
- Divide the yogurt mixture in half and spoon into another bowl. In one bowl add the pink food coloring and in the other add the blue. Stir until coloring is consistent throughout the yogurt mixture.
- Pour half of the blue mixture into the dish you will use to freeze the yogurt in. Drizzle half of the pink yogurt mixture on top of that. Then repeat with the remainder of the blue and pink yogurts. Using a butter knife swirl the mixture back and forth a couple times, this will swirl the colors together.
- Place container in freezer and allow to freeze for at least 3 hours. Serve and enjoy!
This treat is so fun and tasty your kids will have no idea it’s really healthy. And you won’t have to worry about amping them up on sugar! Enjoy!
Huge THANKS to Serene for sharing this yummy frozen yogurt recipe during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.
If you like this, then we think you love these: