Jump to Recipe⌄
Crazy Christmas Crafter Dollar Store Crafts!
Hi, My name is Heather Mann, and my site is Dollar Store Crafts
. Every day, I bring you a new cool craft project idea that uses materials you can find at the dollar store. My favorite recent project is:
You can make this playhouse table cover in just a day, and with no sewing! (photo and tutorial by guest poster: Cheryl)
But this week, we’re talking about food, right? Well, the project I’m bringing you today has become my favorite new Christmas tradition. My kids are all under age 5, and they are pancake monsters! They always beg me to make pancakes (even on normal days), so a pancake breakfast on Christmas morning has become a MUST! I like to make special pancakes, so I came up with these super-cute Christmas pancakes.
You can pick up a special Christmas plate for each kiddo at Target or the Dollar Store to make these even more special!
- mini marshmallows
- raspberry jam
- mini M&Ms or chocolate chips
- cream cheese or whipped cream
1. Make pancakes, then use one as face. Cut hat out of another pancake.
2. Cut a mini marshmallow in half for whites of eyes, and lay on pancake sticky side up. Affix the marshmallows to the pancake with a dab of syrup. Put brown mini M&Ms on marshmallows for pupils. Dab syrup and place red M&M (or craisin) for nose.
3. Cut mini marshmallow almost in half (but leave it connected) and spread out for mustache. Place craisin on pancake for lip, and put mustache over craisin.
4. Spread around face for beard base. Place marshmallows on top of cream cheese (I tried this without the cream cheese, but it seemed like WAY too many marshmallows! Sugar overload!) You could also use whipped cream for his beard.
5. Spread jam on hat and place a row of marshmallows for brim of hat and pom-pom of hat.
All images and text ©
Make pancakes, then use one as face (I chose one that was a little, ahem, overdone. It looked brown like a reindeer!) Cut antlers out of another pancake. You can either freehand-cut them, or use a cookie cutter. I used an oak leaf-shaped cookie cutter. You could use a flower cutter, and cut it in half, etc. Just use your imagination.
Cut a mini marshmallow in half for whites of eyes, and lay on pancake sticky side up. You can affix the marshmallows to the pancake with a dab of syrup if you want. Put brown mini M&Ms on marshmallows for pupils. Dab syrup on bottom of pancake and place red M&M for nose. Easy!
You could also substitute raisins and a craisin for the pupils and nose.
That’s it! Now you don’t have to worry about what to make for Christmas breakfast – you’re done!