Decorated Cadbury Eggs – a fun and simple Easter treat that the kids can help with!
Earlier this week I shared a delicious cupcake recipe filled with Cadbury eggs and today I’m sharing another easy and cute gift idea that I think everyone will love! I mean, who doesn’t love Cadbury eggs? I really wish they sold them year round. I’ve been stocking up, since Easter is just around the corner.
One of our favorite traditions is decorating Easter eggs. The only problem is they never get eaten at my house. I decided this year we would decorate a few chocolate eggs ;)
You could use different colors of chocolate for these. You could even use the edible writers to draw patterns on them. The possibilities are endless :)
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these. Cadbury eggs, melted white chocolate (you could also use the colored melting wafers) and sprinkles.
- 12 Cadbury eggs
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- Colored melting chocolate, optional
- Unwrap the Cadbury eggs and place them onto wax paper. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and melt another 30 seconds if needed.
- Place the Cadbury egg into the chocolate and then lift out with a fork. Tap the fork onto the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place onto the wax paper.
- Immediately add sprinkles on top or if drizzling colored chocolate allow to harden. Use a toothpick to outline the egg and remove any chocolate that has spilled over.
- Allow to set. Enjoy :)
So simple and easy. Now that is my kind of decorated egg. These will definitely be eaten at my house.
You can even wrap them in a clear bag and tie one of these printable tags on as well. They would make a yummy gift for a friend. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
Looking for more treats to make? You’ll love these too:
- Cadbury Egg Brownies
- Cadbury cupcakes with caramel frosting
- Easter Cupcakes with Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Chocolate egg nests
This post was brought to you buy Cadbury