This BBQ Chicken Pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Tons of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes!
My family is a HUGE fan of BBQ chicken pizza. My mom got us all hooked…she’s the one to blame. ;) And who knew how easy it was to make?! It only takes 5 ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes.
The crust gets super crispy and the flavors are incredible. It’s such an easy recipe and tastes amazing. My whole family loved it! This BBQ pizza recipe is definitely a keeper!
This BBQ chicken pizza recipe is so simple and requires only 5 ingredients! Feel free to add on extra toppings like bacon, pineapple, spinach or bell peppers. So yummy!
Pizza dough: I love to use my easy homemade pizza dough recipe. You can use premade dough or crust though, as well as a flat bread.
BBQ sauce: You can use store-bought BBQ sauce for convenience, however I like to make a batch of my homemade BBQ sauce. It’s so simple and full of flavor!
Chicken: You’ll want to use cooked shredded chicken or sliced chicken. I often use a rotisserie chicken for convenience.
Cheese: Mozzarella is the standard cheese used for BBQ chicken pizza. That’s the type I used, however you can use cheese of choice!
Red onion: I love to add on red onion slices for more bold flavor!
Extras: Feel free to add on extras like bacon, pineapple, spinach, bell peppers and fresh cilantro.
How to make BBQ chicken pizza
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out pizza dough. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Cover with BBQ sauce. Place 1/4 cup of the sauce on dough with a spoon. Mix remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken.
- Add on toppings. Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake. Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- Use the bottom of a spoon to spread on the BBQ sauce. It’s easiest to spread in circles starting from the center.
- Don’t sauce the edges! Leave about 1/2 to 1 inch bare with no sauce.
- You can easily turn this into a BBQ chicken ranch pizza. Just add the ranch in when mixing up the BBQ sauce and chicken.
- My favorite way to reheat this BBQ pizza is in the oven or toaster oven. The crust stays nice and crispy!
More pizza recipes:
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough if needed. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Place 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on the pizza dough with a spoon. Mix the remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?!