Hi everyone! I’m Amy from Positively Splendid, and I am so excited to be here today to share a super quick and easy craft idea that is perfect for holiday decorating and gift-giving. This easy sequined picture frame can be made in a half hour (or less!), and it only requires a handful of easy-to-find supplies. Let’s get started!
- Unfinished wood frame
- Acrylic paint (Use a color the blends well with your sequins)
- Foam brush
- 20 mm sequins (I used white and gold, but you can use whatever color combination that suits your fancy)
- Low-temperature hot glue
- Using the foam brush, paint the frame with 1-2 coats of acrylic paint and allow to dry completely.
- Starting at the bottom of the frame, run a line of hot glue across the width of the frame. Affix a row of sequins to the line of glue, overlapping the edges slightly. Note: If your sequins have a small hole one on one edge, be sure to position each one so its neighbor will overlap and cover the hole.
- Continue adhering the sequins in rows, alternating colors between each row, until you reach the top of the frame.
You are finished!
I just love the shine of the sequins!
These would be so perfect for displaying a special photo, or even a favorite printable, like the lovely houndstooth monogram pictured in my frame above.
I created some FREE printable houndstooth monogram sets in three different color schemes that are perfect for displaying in these frames. What a perfect gift idea for teachers, friends and co-workers!
To grab any of the copies of the houndstooth monogram printables, click this link or the image below.
Thanks so much to Jamielyn for having me over today! I’ll be knee-deep in holiday crafting between now and Christmas, so I hope you’ll stop by Positively Splendid sometime to say hello! In the meantime, you can check out some of my favorite holiday creations.
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.
Thanks so much for sharing! We loved having you guest post today! XO
Make sure to follow the Crazy Christmas Event HERE all through the holidays. We have some fabulous bloggers that will be sharing crafts, recipes, decorating ideas and handmade gifts!