Felt Food Christmas Cookies
Felt Food Christmas Cookies …adorable holiday treats in felt form, perfect for holiday play and imagination!
Hello friends, I’m Dannyelle from Life is a Party, and I’m so excited to be sharing this fun little Christmas craft with you today – Felt Food Christmas Cookies.
When my girls were little they loved playing with felt food, and now these are the perfect holiday gift for the little ones in my life. They’re very easy to make, and their little faces are sure to make them a hit with any shopkins fans in your life.
Felt Food Christmas Cookies Materials:
- assorted colors of felt
- Christmas cookie cutters to use as patterns
- beads to use as sprinkles
- white and black embroidery cotton
Felt Food Christmas Cookies Assembly Directions:
1. Use Christmas cookie cutters to make a pattern for your felt cookies.
2. Cut out two light brown felt shapes as the cookie front and back, and then colored “icing” pieces, slightly smaller than the cookie pieces.
3. Start the sewing with adding the face. Cut two small black felt eyes, and pink felt cheeks. Use the white embroidery cotton and stitch one french knot as the center for each eye. Next is the mouth stitched with black embroidery cotton using the back stitch. I found it really helpful to use a disappearing marker (you can find at the fabric store) to mark the mouth and get just the right expression before stitching.
4. Add any other embellishments, like bead “sprinkles”. Next, sew the “icing” to the cookie piece. Then, sew the the cookie pieces together using the blanket stitch. Leave a small hole for the stuffing. Once it’s lightly stuffed, stitch up the hole and your cookie is finished.
These are perfect for little ones to enjoy their own Christmas tea parties over the holidays.
I made a few different cookies: a bell, a star, a Christmas tree, a candy cane, a stocking, and a little Christmas pudding.
The most fun is choosing all the different expressions on their cute little faces.
These would make the perfect handmade gift for the holidays. Happy sewing!
If you love this adorable holiday craft, you’ll enjoy these too!