Sweet and salty Halloween popcorn covered in white chocolate and mixed with candy! The perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy!
Great use for Leftover Halloween Candy
Whenever I have an excuse to make popcorn, I love finding different flavor combos. It satisfies my sweet and salty cravings and is so easy and delicious.
This Halloween popcorn mix is so easy to make and something that both kids and adults will love. It’s sweet and salty, with a little bit of crunch from the candy. Plus it’s covered in the perfect amount of white chocolate.
Feel free to keep it simple with just M&M popcorn or add in colored chocolate and sprinkles to add an extra special touch. Such a fun Halloween dessert and the perfect treat to add to a fall charcuterie board.
How to Make Halloween Popcorn
To get started, all you need is popcorn, white chocolate and your favorite Halloween candy. The base recipe is similar to my white chocolate popcorn, but then I love adding in M&M’s, candy corn or candy pumpkins, chopped Kit Kat Bars and Reese’s.
- Prepare. To get started, line a baking sheet with wax paper so that the popcorn doesn’t stick to the pan. Then chop the candy into pieces if you’re using any candy bars.
- Melt. Next you’ll need to melt the chocolate until it’s smooth. I like to use white chocolate melting wafers and melt mine in the microwave at 50% for 1 minute. Then stir and melt again for another 30 seconds or so. White chocolate has a tendency to burn and turn clumpy, so make sure to keep an eye on it and continue stirring until it melts.
- Mix. Then pour the melted chocolate over the bowl of popcorn and stir until the mixture is evenly coated. Mix in the candy and spread the mix onto the wax paper in a single layer to harden. Then break into pieces once dry.
For super fresh and crunchy popcorn, try making this easy stovetop popcorn that’s ready in just 5 minutes. It has amazing flavor and takes this recipe to the next level!
The fun part about this Halloween popcorn is all of the decorations! Whether you’re adding in colorful pieces of candy, sprinkles or drizzling chocolate on top, there are so many ways to make this popcorn an extra festive Halloween recipe.
- Candy: Use candy that’s not only delicious, but is bright in color. M&M’s and candy corn are great options to use because they have vibrant Halloween colors that look great mixed with the white popcorn.
- Sprinkles: You can never have too many sprinkles, right? Festive Halloween sprinkles add a fun touch and texture.
- Candy eyes: Give this treat a spooky flare by mixing in some candy eyes. Kids go crazy over this addition!
- Drizzled chocolate: After spreading the popcorn out onto the wax paper, try drizzling some orange or black melted chocolate wafers on top like I did in the picture below.
- Popcorn balls: You can also form the popcorn into small balls instead of spreading out in an even layer. This is a great idea for Halloween parties so that everyone can grab their own individual treat!
Storing the Candy Popcorn
This popcorn does taste best if served the first day, however it will keep for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container or bag.
More Halloween Treats:
- 8-10 cups popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate , melted
- ½ cup M&M's , or your favorite candy bar
- ½ cup Halloween candy , chopped if needed
Optional: Colored melted chocolate wafers (for drizzling), sprinkles
- Lay down a piece of wax paper onto a baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and melted white chocolate. Stir until coated.
- Next, stir in the candy pieces until combined.
- Spread mix onto the wax paper in an even layer. If desired, add sprinkles on top or drizzle with colored melted chocolate. Allow to harden and then break into pieces.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!