EASY Ham and Cheese Roll Sliders with Poppyseed Sauce
EASY Ham and Cheese Roll Sliders with Poppyseed Sauce – perfect for game day, a picnic, party, appetizer or main dish for any day of the week! They are a crowd please EVERY time.
This “fancy” ham and cheese rolls recipe is one you’ll want to bookmark. I know you’re probably thinking… ham and cheese rolls? Really? I promise this fun twist makes them absolutely delicious! My mom has made these for awhile now, and they are always a big hit!
These ham and cheese rolls are a great way to use up the leftover ham and rolls (here’s another great recipe: Potato and Ham Soup). They are definitely a crowd pleaser. ;) My mom made them for us last Christmas and everyone devoured them in a matter of minutes. They are best fresh out of the oven while the cheese is still nice and melt-y! MMM…. Can’t wait to make these again next week. ;)
Ham and swiss sliders
- 24 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 24 pieces sliced deli ham (or leftover ham)
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup mayonnaise
Poppy seed sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread mayo onto both sides of your rolls. Then place a slice of ham and cheese inside of each roll. Next place your rolls into a 9×13 baking dish close together.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the rolls (I only used about 1/2 the sauce). Let sit about 5-10 minutes or until the butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes. Uncover and cook for 2-3 additional minutes to brown the top of the buns. Serve warm. ENJOY!!
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate EverythingAll images and text ©
Another fun way to make these is put the sauce in the inside, wrap with foil and place on the grill until melted, about 5 minutes.
Here’s a quick video tutorial:
Also, don’t miss these yummy recipes:
Thanks for reading. Come back soon! :)
Post originally published December 19, 2012; republished with new images February 7, 2016. Below is an original photo from the original publish date.