Today I’m serving up egg and hash brown nests. Everyone loves these savory breakfast bites! They are perfect for Easter brunch! I topped mine with a little cheese, but I have also topped these with bacon bits too and it was absolutely delicious!
I’ve partnered with McCormick for this recipe, and I have to say their spices are my favorite. I’ve been using them for years, so I was thrilled to get an e-mail from them about this partnership. Spices can definitely make a break a dish!
Here’s a little step by step tutorial on how I made them. It always helps me to see pics. :D
These are super easy to make and taste delicious with McCormick spices! Feel free to mix in different vegetables and spices to adapt them for your family.
Egg and hash brown nests
- 4 large baked potatoes pre-cooked
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick cumin
- dash of McCormick nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Shred potatoes with a cheese grater. Then fill each cup about 2/3 the way full with the potatoes and press the sides in, so the bottom and sides are covered. Add a little bit of salt and pepper to each cup. Bake for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, cumin and nutmeg. Stir in cheese, onion and bell peppers.
- Fill the center of the potato cups with the egg mixture. If you’d like more cheese, you may add more here. You could even add bacon bits!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.