Welcome to the Crazy Christmas event! If you’re new here you may want to subscribe or join us on facebook. Welcome Something Swanky!!
Hello Nap Time readers!
This is Ashton, from Something Swanky. I’m so excited to get to be a part of this Crazy Christmas Event!! In case we haven’t met before, here’s a little about me by way of introduction: I’m mommy to a sweet little monster; she’s two and the perfect combination of terrible and adorable. My husband’s the cutest red head you’ve ever seen, and we’ve been happily married (and living the student life) for 6 grand years.
I love making desserts, and I love to blog. It’s so very convenient I can combine the two into the very best day job ever.
Making desserts is especially fun during the holidays, because the stores are chock-full of hot chocolate and peppermint variations of our favorite stand-by candies. Like Hot Chocolate flavored 3 Musketeers…
The recipe was inspired by Cookies and Cups’ 3 Musketeer Cupcakes. She melted down 3 Musketeer Candy Bars to make a frosting! When I saw that, my mind immediately went to Krispie Treats, and I just had to try.
I think this version, using the holiday Hot Chocolate 3 Musketeers, would also be fab topped with a little marshmallow cream (you know, like marshmallows and hot chocolate?). If you try it, be sure to let me know!
You’ll be the hit of all your holiday parties with these bars in tote. Happy holidays!
Hot Chocolate 3 Musketeer Rice Krispie Treats
- 22.49 oz Mini Hot chocolate 3 Musketeer Candy Bars (1 bag)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 cups chocolate Krispies cereal
- Unwrap the candy bars and place in a large, microwave safe bowl. Place the marshmallows and butter in the bowl, and microwave for 1 minutes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the cereal, 2-3 cups at a time. Towards the last 2 cups, I found it was easier to just mix with greased hands.
- Press into a parchment lined, and lightly greased, 8×8 baking dish. Let set for 30 minutes to an hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Optional: drizzle with chocolate.
Thanks for having me Jamielyn!
Ashton is a fanatic dessert lover who can be found cranking out calories galore on her dessert blog, Something Swanky. Her very favorite sweet treats include Pumpkin Better Than… Cake, Pumpkin Nutella Fudge, and Monster Cookie Dough Dip. You can find her hanging around these very cool places: