Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies – chocolaty marshmallows and peppermint in a soft, chewy, delicious cookie!
Hot cocoa in a snowman mug, peppermint stick stirrers, and a cozy fire….*cue Chandler Bing voice* Could it be anymore holiday? Why, yes, actually it could. What if the wonderful chocolaty marshmallow goodness of hot cocoa and peppermint got together and turned into a soft chewy delicious cookie? Holiday wishes do come true!
I modified a recipe from Swiss Mix. The texture of these cookies is incredible- so soft and chewy- but they are very chocolaty so I thought the peppermint would be a nice compliment to the chocolate and tone it down just a little.
When you break up your mints, make the pieces fairly small so that there’s not too much crunch. Also DO NOT add the mints before baking or they will melt and turn your beautiful cookies into a mess.
They are such a pretty and festive cookie with the chocolate and the bright red and white of the mints. They are also very easy to make with simple ingredients. Other than the time for chilling, they go very fast as well. My 3 year old daughter made them with me and she said we needed to make these for Santa. I think the big guy would like them!
These cookies make 3 dozen so they also would be great for a holiday party or cookie exchange. I’m going to make them for our neighborhood Christmas party. It’s our first Christmas in our new house and neighborhood and I think these Peppermint Hot Cocoa cookies will impress. I hope you’ll incorporate these into your own holiday season, whether it’s for a party or maybe you just want some cocoa, a delicious cookie, and to pop in a Friends’ holiday episode.
Wishing you and yours the Merriest of Christmases and a happy holiday season!
Kathy Penney is the content creator at Penney Lane. She is married to her soul mate from Ireland and they live with their children in the country outside Houston. Kathy is a mom of a preschooler and kindergartner on the autism spectrum. She believes delicious doesn’t have to be hard and loves collecting passport stamps with her family.
If you’d like more easy delicious cookie ideas check out:
Thank you, Kathy! Aren’t these cookies divine? If you love these holiday treats, you’ll love these too!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cups Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 1/4 Cups Flour
- 4 Envelopes of Your Favorite Hot Cocoa Not Sugar Free
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits
- 15 Crushed Starlight Mints
- Cream butter and sugars together using a stand or hand mixer.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, hot cocoa mix, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon (2 tablespoons dough) drop cookies 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool for about 1-2 minutes and then sprinkle each with some of the peppermint chips.
- Let cool another 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack or cookie plate.