How to make fluffy slime with only 3 ingredients. It is super soft and stretchy! It only takes 5 minutes to make and will entertain for hours!
Indoor Kids Activity
Oh SLIME. Me and this stuff have a love hate/relationship. My kids love it though, so I’ve learned to accept it.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make fluffy slime, this recipe is seriously the best ever! We love it because it only takes 3 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make. The kids love helping me make it and it entertains them for hours! It is so soft and squishy!
During our Spring break last week it was cold and rainy, so this was the perfect indoor activity for my kids to do. It holds together more which is great! My kids like this fluffy slime better than my slime recipe and glitter slime because it can stretch further. The consistency is perfect.
Fluffy Slime Ingredients
For this slime you only need 3 simple ingredients (that you can probably find around your home). I love that this fluffy slime is made without borax. You can also add any color you’d like (or even mix them).
- 1 (4-ounce) bottle Elmer’s white school glue
- 2 Tablespoons contact saline solution (or liquid laundry detergent)
- 1 – 2 cups shaving cream
- Food coloring, optional
How To Make Fluffy Slime
- Combine. To get started place the glue in a plastic bowl. If you’re adding food coloring, add it now. Once it is your desired color add the saline solution and mix until combined.
- Stir. Then stir in 1-2 cups of shaving cream. The more you add the thicker it will be. The less you add the slimier it will be. We usually end up adding about 1 1/2 cups. Stir until you can no longer stir (this should take several minutes).
- Kneed. Next you’ll kneed it with your hands. It will be sticky at first, but keep moving it with your hands until it is no longer sticky and is the right consistency.
- Play. Get your hands in there and have some fun!
Mixing 2 colors
We made our first batch of fluffy slime pink and then the next one purple.
To make this fluffy slime with more than one color, simply make another batch and then lay them right next to each other. Then stretch it out and twist it together so the colors swirl together. It will end up looking something like this.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Have fun and get creative with colors!
Looking for more kids crafts? Check out:
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Fluffly Slime Recipe
- Plastic bowl and spoon.
- Place mat for enjoying slime.
- 4 ounce bottle Elmer’s white school glue
- 2-3 Tablespoons contact saline solution or slime activator , add more as needed
- 1-2 cups unscented shaving cream , use more as needed
Optional: Food coloring
- Place glue in a plastic bowl. If you're adding food coloring, you can add it now until desired color is reached. Add saline solution or slime activator and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of shaving cream. The more you add, the thicker it'll be. The less you add, the slimier it will be. Add 1/2 cup more as needed. I usually end up adding about 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir until you can no longer stir (it will be sticky at first) and then kneed with your hands. Keep moving it with your hands until it is no longer sticky and desired consistency is reached. Wash hands if needed and then work on it again. If it's still too sticky, you may need to add another Tablespoon of activator and then keep kneading.
- Enjoy playing with the slime. Store in a covered container or zip top bag.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
My daughter was really exited to try this but it didn’t work for us. We will definitely try it again with salt water
I used 4ish oz of glue, food colouring into the glue, 2 and a bit tablespoons of contact solution. And 1.75 cups ish of foam shaving cream. And mixed with silicone spatula in a plastic bowl. And it was basically formed in less than a minute of mixing. It worked great!
First time I’ve ever been able to make slime!!
(From my daughter) I love the slime recipe you made, me and my brother made the slime and we loved it.
Hi Jamielyn Nye!
What is saline solution? And what does it have in it? I’m a slime expert and has been for years and I can’t believe I don’t know what this is! I have my own channel on YouTube and my website and both of them is a big hit. I guess I’m stealing your recipe kind of. Thanks!
It’s a mix of salt and water (people with contacts use this). Slime activator works just as well. Just another option for those that don’t have any on hand :)
Can you also just use contact solution? Cos i dont have any other substitutes.
Unfortunately, you will need the other ingredients to make this fluffy slime just right.
it was the best thing i have ever seen in my life of making slime
Uh-huh! Yes it is! I’m glad you found out about slime and that you enjoy it! God bless you!
The last recipe if you are going to make it .. it works. I suggest temperanchiodresn paint over food colouring as it won’t dye your hands (food colouring does) and you are gonna neeed A LOOTTTT more saline solution and shaving cream than they suggest.
Very fun, first recipe I’ve used that has worked so well, but I have been kneading it for a very long time (15-20 mins) and if I had anymore detergent it won’t be the right consistency. How do I stop it from being so sticky???
If it’s still sticky, you can knead in more shaving cream or add more slime activator.
Glad you enjoyed the fluffy slime :)
tried this recipe, it was awesome, but it kept sticking to my fingers, so I added more contact solution (witch thickens it) and it did help. so if yours is sticking to you, add more contact solution.
ps. I had to add about 8 tablespoons before it was better.
other then that it was a pretty good recipe.
Ariana😍😍 pss. i LOVE slime.😃
Glad it ended up working well for you! Yes, more contact solution and kneading seems to help.