Jelly Bean Baskets w/ Free Printable
So enough about me, let’s get on with the show ‘n tell!
Today we are going to make little Easter treat baskets on the cheap! Anders Ruff Custom Designs made some large Easter basket out of planters for the Easter has Sprung photo shoot (that I am SO proud to have contributed to) and I thought it would be really fun to make a smaller version once I saw this cute seed starter pots at Target (I believe they will be doing a tutorial on their large baskets at some point). These would be great to make in mass for school, church, neighbors, whomever you want to give yummy spring time treats to!
You only need a few supplies:
- Fiber Pots (seed starters) – I found mine at Target, 10 for under $2, but any garden or home improvement place would have them
- Floral wire – I used what I had on hand, 20 gauge (it’s a little thicker than you need but it works)
- Ribbon (or Ribbons depending on which way you want to go)
- A pretty tag (supplied below!)
- Glue – I used Beacon’s 3 in 1 advanced craft glue, love the stuff!!!
- Hole punch – optional
- you want to start by cutting 1 piece of floral wire and 2 pieces of ribbon to 13 inch length
- run a line of glue down the center of the back side of one ribbon starting and stopping ½” from each end and lay your floral wire on top of the ribbon (adhering the wire to the ribbon)
- run a line of glue both above and below your wire as close to the edge as you can get it (again
starting and stopping ½” from the ends)
- lay your other ribbon, wrong side down, on top of your ribbon/wire combo making a wire
sandwich with your ribbon.
- If you have a hole punch, punch a small hole about ½” down from the top on 2 opposite sides of your pot (if you don’t have a whole punch just use your floral wire to make a hole)
- Working from the outside insert the ends of your floral wire into the holes about ½”. To secure the wire bend that ½” you just inserted into the pot up towards the top. Repeat on opposite side
- Used a small dab of glue to glue down all four loose ribbon ends (the inside ribbons will cover up your folded floral wire)
- Add any type of embellishments you’d like to your pots. I made little bows and glued them over
the ribbon ends but you can do whatever you’d like or nothing at all.
- Print out any fun printable you’d like (I’ve included 3 different designs at the bottom of the post for your personal use, but feel free to use anything you’d like) and glue it to the pot or attach it with some twine.
- Fill with candy and other goodies
FREE PRINTABLE: Download HERE