EASY chocolate covered Minion OREO cookies – made with 4 ingredients in 5 minutes or less!
My kids have been counting down the days to see the new Minion movie and they finally got to see it over the weekend. We thought it would be fun to make a minion treat before we saw the big show. I wanted something simple enough for my kids to help with and something that wouldn’t take too long. We had some OREOs laying around, so decided to use those for the base. I think they turned out super cute and the kids absolutely loved them!
All you need to make the minion cookies are OREOs, candy melts, edible eyes and decorating gel. Easy, delicious and completely adorable!
Get creative with the facial expressions. You can also use the large edible eyes and place it in the center. If you have extra time, you could even make homemade sugar cookies with yellow frosting.
Yum! Who could resist a chocolate covered OREO Minion?!
Looking for more recipe to make with the kids? You’ll love these too:
- Peanut butter cup butterflies
- Monster cookies
- Frosty fruit pops
- Chocolate marshmallow snowmen
- S’mores on a stick
Homemade minion cookies
- 12 ounces 12-ounce package yellow candy melts
- 12 OREO cookies
- Candy eyeballs
- Black decorating gel
- Wax paper
- Place the candy melts in a microwave bowl and cook at 50% power for one minute. Stir and cook an additional 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Dip the cookie into the chocolate, one by one, and cover with chocolate. Lift the cookie with a fork and tap on the side of the bowl to smooth the chocolate and remove any excess.
- Gently slide the cookie onto the wax paper (use a clean fork or tooth pick to help slide it off) and allow to dry.
- Place two dots of the black decorating gel at the top of the cookie and then place the candy eyeballs on top. Then draw two lines on each side to create the “glasses.”
- To finish off the cookies create different facial expressions and then allow to dry.