On Sundays you can usually find me either taking a nap or baking in my kitchen with my little guy. He loves to help me bake. Last weekend he asked if we could make monster cupcakes and so we did just that. I wasn’t going to post this recipe (because there really isn’t one) but after he asked if “I blogged it,” I just had to show you our masterpiece.
My son loved the “one-eyed” monsters! These would be fun to make with your kids or at playgroup.
Tip: place the frosting in a ziplock bag and then cut off the tip of the bag. Then go around the edge of the cupcake in a circle and loop around into the middle. It makes frosting cupcakes so much easier!
My kids LOVED these! Perfect for a play date or kids Halloween party!
Are your kids counting down to Halloween? My kids are SO excited!
Looking for more Halloween recipes? Check out these:
- 12.25 ounces pkg cake mix + ingredients on package
- 16 ounces container of frosting
- Candy eyeballs found at Jo-Ann’s
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Make cake batter according to package. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and fill liners 2/3 the way full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool and then frost.
- Top with candy eyes.