Hello friends! Welcome the fabulous Mique from 30days. She’s sharing these delicious nutella peanut butter cookies (with caramel sauce) today!
Our family likes to spend time together in the kitchen. We cook and bake all kinds of things but especially enjoy making desserts. With a Swiss Mother-in-law, my kids and husband have been fans of Nutella for a long time. Grandma treats the kids to “Nutella sandwiches” (Nutella spread in between two slices of bread– admittedly not the healthiest snack) and all kinds of chocolately treats. I combined a few recipes to create this one: Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies with Caramel Sauce!
Make sure you have a glass of cold milk close by when you’re ready to dig into these cookies. They are rich. But if you like chocolate and peanut butter these will make your sweet tooth sing. Nutella and a little homemade caramel sauce is the perfect finishing touch. Yum! If cookies are your go to dessert try out my favorite chocolate chip cookies ever or over one hundred recipes on 30days.
Optional Nutella Drizzle:
Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in a small sauce pan, add 1/2 c. Nutella spread and whisk until it thins out.
Here’s how you put your cookies together:
First make the Peanut Butter cookies and let cool completely. Next make the Nutella filling, spread on 2 cookies and sandwich together. Make the caramel sauce and thinned Nutella. Drizzle both on top of cookies.
Mique is the owner of a creative blog, Thirty Handmade Days. She likes sharing printables, recipes and unique gift ideas. She also owns a craft boutique, the Queen Bee Market . The next QBM will be in Oceanside, CA on November 1-2nd, 2013. She’s the mom to three crazy, cute kids and just celebrated her 15th anniversary with Josh. When she’s not creating, reading, the beach, being “baseball mom” flip flops and good food make her the happiest. Stop by and say hi at 30days or visit Mique on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+.
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 can can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture on low speed.
- Mix just until combined.
- Roll into balls and flatten with the bottom of a round glass.
- Use a circle cookie cutter or similar item to create perfectly round cookies.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool on rack.
- 10. Cream together butter and small amount of powdered sugar at a time.
- 11. Alternate adding sugar with adding Nutella slowly.
- 12. Add vanilla and beat frosting.
- 13. Add milk and whip until the it reaches desired consistency.
- 14. In a saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar.
- 15. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- 16. Whisking constantly will prevent from burning.
- 17. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes while continuing to whisk constantly.
- 18. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Here’s how you put your cookies together:
- 19. First make the Peanut Butter cookies and let cool completely. Next make the Nutella filling, spread on 2 cookies and sandwich together. Make the caramel sauce and thinned Nutella. Drizzle both on top of cookies.