Thanks for stopping by! To get the newest recipes subscribe or join us on facebook.
Over the weekend I did a little experimenting in the kitchen. I have a crush on orange soda (pun totally intended-ha) so I decided to make orange creamsicle cupcakes. Boy did these surpass my expectations. Whenever I make up a recipe I have NO idea how it will turn out, but these orange cupcakes turned out absolutely delicious! Especially the frosting. Wow! I may have licked it straight from the bowl. Shh… don’t tell! I had to take them to my neighbors asap.
The jello pudding makes these cupcakes super soft and the orange soda gives them a sweet kick. These would be super fun for a summer or Halloween party!
Delicious orange cream cupcakes
- 16.5 oz white cake mix (1 box)
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 tbsp orange jello powder (save 1 tbsp for frosting)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange soda (at room temp)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350. Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding and 5 Tb of jello in a large bowl. Beat in egg whites, vegetable oil and orange soda. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place batter in cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and allow to cool.
- For frosting combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. With a mixer beat until smooth. Add jello, orange extract and powdered sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
My little boy sure loved helping me make these cupcakes! He is the best taste tester. ;)
He even helped me frost the cupcakes… right after he gave himself a tattoo. He’s quite the artist, don’t you think? ;)
These really are to die for! I love all things orange and these definitely made it to the top of the list! If you want to make the pinwheels find the tutorial here.