Hi friends! Hope everyone has had a great week! I have a yummy guest post for you today. Let’s give Virginie a big welcome!
Hey! I’m Virginie from That Cute Little cake, a blog about my addictions for cakes, crafts and parties !
I am super excited to be guest blogging here today as I have been a fan of I Heart Naptime for so long ! Thanks Jamielyn !
Here is a new twist on the traditional Panna Cotta, a Panna Colada !
Panna Cotta is one of my favourite desserts and it is so quick to prepare that I simply cannot resist ! I though this version would make a nice summer treat.
Panna Cotta, a Panna Colada
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 sheets gelatin
For the pineapple coulis
- 1 whole pineapple
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Put your gelatin in a bowl of cold water and leave until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Gently bring to the boil the cream+coconut milk+sugar. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Take the gelatin out of the bowl, squeeze the excess water and add to the cream. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Fill 4 little pots or ramequin and leave to cool. When cool, place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Peel the pineapple and cut the flesh into chunks (don’t worry too much about the eyes as you will be sieving the coulis later).
Place in a saucepan with the sugar and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Blend and Sieve.
- When cool, place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pour some pineapple coulis on top of each Panna Cotta
You can find the tutorial for the pineapple flowers decorations at That Cute Little Cake !
I am Virginie and I blog over at That Cute Little Cake. I love parties and sweet tables and I must admit they have become a bit of an obsession !!! I have 3 young children so there is always an excuse to bake and craft, wether for a special occasion or not !
Yum! These are so pretty and would be perfect for a party!! Thanks Kimberly for sharing! For more recipes check out the recipe box. If you’re interested in guest posting on I Heart Nap Time feel free to e-mail me your ideas. Have a great weekend!