Peppermint Cheesecake Bars … enjoy the holiday season with these amazingly delicious sweet treats! My whole family enjoyed them!
Hi there I Heart Naptime friends! It’s Kristyn from Lil’ Luna. I am sharing our new favorite holiday treat today!
I’m so happy to be here!! Jamielyn is the best and has become one of my best friends over these last several years of blogging. Isn’t she just awesome?!
Over the last few months we have seen plenty of PUMPKIN recipes, but starting in November I switch gears and like to share a TON of PEPPERMINT recipes. You can’t have too much peppermint around the holidays, right?!
A few weeks ago my mom and sisters came over so we could experiment and make a series of holiday recipes and one of the recipes we tried were these Peppermint Cheesecake Bars. They were so delicious and were a hit with the entire family. My kids and hubby especially love cheesecake so these didn’t last long here at the house.
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars… easy to make and the whole family loved them!
These cheesecake bars took just a few minutes to whip up. Simple ingredients, a few easy steps, 1-2 hours of chill time and you’ve got a cool Christmas treat that everyone is sure to love! They are so delicious and easy to make!
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
- 1½ cups butter softened
- 20 ounces cream cheese softened (2.5 bars)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Candy canes optional
- Red food coloring optional
- With a hand mixer, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Add additional peppermint extract as desired.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 pan lined with wax or parchment paper (make sure paper is overflowing on the sides, for easy removal).
- For red swirls, put 3-5 drops of red food coloring on the top of the cheesecake and swirl using a knife.
- To decorate, swirl drops of red food coloring with a knife. You may also sprinkle bits of candy cane over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving.
The kids LOVED this peppermint treat!!
For more great peppermint recipes on Lil’ Luna, be sure to check out:
Be sure to come to Lil’ Luna and say hi!!
If you love this delicious holiday treat, you’ll enjoy these too!