Today I’ll be sharing these yummy pink lemonade cupcakes I made last week for a friends shower! They are pretty much the cutest cupcakes around. Not to mention super tasty! Pink lemonade frosting may be my new favorite.
I thought about creating my own recipe… but when I spotted this pink lemonade cake mix at Target, I had to buy it. Anything to save me time! Plus the packaging was cute. ;) You could of course add the pink lemonade mix to one of your favorite white cake mixes. I actually love the taste of cake mixes though… but I HAVE to make my own frosting. I do not like that stuff in the can.
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 15.25 oz pink lemonade cake mix (or white cake mix with 2 TB powdered pink lemonade)
Pink Lemonade Icing:
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp powdered pink lemonade
- 1-2 drops red food coloring
- Optional: Light pink sprinkles, striped straws
- Bake your cupcakes according to the package instructions. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat your butter until smooth. Mix in powdered pink lemonade. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 TB of milk at a time. If it’s too thick add a little more milk.
- Add in lemon extract, and 1-2 drops of red food coloring and stir until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and top with pink sprinkles.Optional: Cut straws to about 3 inches and place in the sides of the cupcakes. :)
Cupcake liners and straws found at Petite Party Studio.
Enjoy these pink lemonade cupcakes! They sure are an easy way to dress up a dessert table. Stay tuned next week for more details from the shower.
Here’s some more yummy cupcake recipes you will enjoy: