This saltine cracker toffee recipe is made with just 3 simple ingredients in 15 minutes! A seriously addicting treat that’s super easy to make.
Toffee is one of my favorite types of candy. I love the rich, buttery caramel flavor it has. Although my homemade toffee recipe is pretty simple to make – this saltine toffee is even more simple! And super delicious. :)
My gramma is one of my biggest influences in the kitchen. I was her kitchen helper growing up and loved watching her whip up so many delicious recipes. I thought I would share one of my gramma’s favorite treats: saltine cracker toffee. This stuff is seriously addicting and so simple to make!
There are three things you can always find at gramma’s house. 1.Tang 2. homemade caramels and 3. saltine toffee. Okay I lied… you can usually find ice cream, chocolate covered raisins and lots of other yummy treats too. My grampa has a sweet tooth and I think I inherited it. ;)
I was lucky enough to get some of this saltine cracker toffee on my visit this past weekend. It’s such a super easy and yummy recipe! Give it a try. It will soon be one of your favorites too!
3 simple ingredients!
- Saltine crackers
- Light brown sugar
How to make saltine cracker toffee
- Line pan with crackers. Cover a 9×13″ jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Then fully line the pan with saltine crackers.
- Cook caramel mixture. Cook butter in a pot over low heat until slightly melted. Then add in brown sugar and stir until butter is completely melted. Turn heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil for about 3 minutes, or until it thickens and has turned an amber caramel color. Remember to stir constantly.
- Pour caramel over crackers. Remove pan from heat after 3 minutes and pour the caramel over the saltines. Then spread it out evenly with a knife.
- Bake the toffee. Bake at 325°F in oven until lightly golden, about 7 to 8 minutes. Don’t over bake!
- Let cool, then break in pieces. Remove pan from oven and gently lift the foil off the pan. Let the toffee cool completely, then break into pieces.
Toppings to add
You can take this cracker toffee up a notch by topping it with extras like chocolate, nuts and M&M’s. Check out my Christmas crack post, where I show you how to make this recipe into 4 different versions.
- Crushed peppermint
How long will it last?
One of my favorite things about this saltine crack is that it will keep for up to 2 weeks! Just make sure to store it in an airtight container so that it stays fresh. It makes the perfect treat to gift during the holidays!
More easy candy recipes:
- Peppermint Graham Cracker Toffee
- Easy Microwave Caramels
- Creamy Marshmallow Mexican Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Easy Chocolate Turtles
Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe
- 50 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks butter (cubed)
- 1 cup soft light brown sugar (packed)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 9×13" jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and then line pan with saltine crackers.
- Place butter in a medium-sized pot over low medium/low heat. Stir until butter is slightly melted, then add sugar. Once butter is melted, bring to a boil over medium-heat for 3 minutes, or until it thickens and sugar has dissolved. Stir constantly. You want the butter and sugar to be combined and turn an amber caramel color.
- After 3 minutes, remove pan from heat and pour evenly over saltine crackers. Spread mixture with a knife…however it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Do not over bake. The mixture will spread evenly over the crackers as it bakes.
- Remove pan from oven and then take foil off of the pan. Allow the toffee to cool and then break pieces off of foil.