Santa Fudge Brownie Bars – chewy, rich fudge brownies dressed up with Santa belts for Christmas!
There’s nothing I love more than a good brownie hot out of the oven. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I am in heaven. This brownie recipe is decadent and full of chocolate goodness. They are amazing. And I may have ate all three of the ones below. Shh! Don’t tell!
These would be the perfect treat to make on Christmas Eve for Santa. I’m sure he would love them. ;)
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make these fudge brownies. The HERSHEY’S special dark cocoa steals the show in these brownies.
Santa Fudge Brownie Bars
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S special dark cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY’S semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- red frosting
- black licorice
- square pretzels could also use yellow frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl.
- Place 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips with the butter in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir and then continue microwaving in 15 second increments until melted. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Next stir in the eggs and mix until well combined. Lastly, stir in the vanilla and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into rectangles.
- For the santa bars, draw a line of red frosting down the center of the brownie. Then cut the licorice to the same size of the brownie and press on top of the frosting. Next break the pretzel into small squares and apply a little bit of frosting and stick on top of the licorice.
Just for fun… we made these santa bars with HERSHEY bars too. My kids loved them! These are the perfect little craft/dessert to make with kids for a Christmas party.
So so simple to make. Just like the brownies, but easier!
My kids and I were having too much fun. I think the Santa upside down in the chimney is my favorite! All I did was melt chocolate and then stick marshmallows on the chocolate bar. Then for the feet I dipped half the marshmallow in chocolate and then applied to a piece of licorice with chocolate. Cute, easy and delicious!
This post is brought to you by HERSHEY’S