My name is Kara and I am a wife to my best friend and a mommy to a sassy and sweet 3 year old. I am also the blogger behind Mine for the Making where I share crafts, tutorials, recipes, home improvement projects, mommy adventures, printables, frugal decorating, organizational tips, and ideas for teaching. I also make lovely handmade jewelry and hair accessories to sell in my shop. I am a former teacher recently turned stay-at-home-mom and am totally loving it, but am constantly looking for ways to keep busy! Thank goodness for blogland and Pinterest, right? : )Speaking of Pinterest, this idea was inspired from Scrabble projects found all over cyberspace. We love Scrabble in our house and there are many times my husband and I are playing Word with Friends with each other…in the same room. You can pick up a Scrabble game at almost any garage sale, so the supplies are inexpensive. This holiday decoration would also make a great gift.Scrabble Ornaments
– Scrabble Letter Ornaments –
-Scrabble letter tiles
-hot glue and gun
-an other small embellishments
1. First decide what words you’d like to use for your ornaments. Think about holiday words or who you are giving the ornament to.
Some examples: Noel, Joy, Christmas, Believe, Love, Santa, Rudolf, Peace, Jesus, first names, last names, etc.
2. Using hot glue, glue your Scrabble tiles together and allow dry time.
3. Cut your ribbon and attach to the back of the Scrabble ornament with hot glue and allow dry time.
4. Add any embellishments you desire (I even thought about adding glitter paint to them).
*Optional: Glue ornament to a piece of felt to make more sturdy. Trim off the felt from the edges of the ornament.*
5. Hang the Scrabble ornaments on your tree, place in a stocking, attach to a gift package, mail to a friend, give to a teacher, neighbor, coach, etc.
Happy Holiday Crafting, friends!