Hi Nap Time readers, I’m Kristy from Sweet Treats & More! I’m always excited to be visiting here and sharing a new recipe with you. And I’ve just loved seeing all of the fun creations for the Hello Summer event here.
I don’t know about you guys, but I avoid using the oven during the summer as much as I can. Even though we love warm baked cookies, I’ve been racking my brain with no-bake treats we can enjoy. Like Rice Krispie treats. They’re too easy not to make and we’ve been making some fun variations this summer.
Hello S’moreo Rice Krispie Treats:) I’m talking rice krispie treat meets s’mores meets Oreos. What’s not to love? Add some crushed oreos and graham crackers to the rice krispie cereal and mix it all into the gooey marshmallows. And to really make them fun, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle some more crushed graham crackers over the top! Enjoy!
THANKS Kristy for sharing this yummy recipe during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.
S'moreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
- 1 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 10 ounces 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 dab butter or crisco
- In a large bowl combine rice krispie cereal, crushed oreos, and 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers together. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt marshmallows and 1/4 cup butter together. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in cereal mix.
- Press into a lightly greased 9X13 inch pan (or 8X8 inch pan for thicker squares).
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips with a dab of butter or crisco in the microwave, stirring every 10-15 seconds. Drizzle all over the top of rice krispie treats. Sprinkle chocolate with the leftover (1/4 cup) crushed graham crackers.