Crispy garlic french bread topped with spaghetti and mozzarella cheese. These spaghetti boats are one of my favorite ways to use leftover spaghetti!
Table of Contents
Spaghetti Boats on Garlic Bread
Whenever my easy spaghetti recipe is on the menu, I always seem to make too much. Instead of just reheating leftovers, I decided to repurpose them into a different dish. Queue these spaghetti boats! They were so easy to make and my family loved them.
The other night I happened to see french bread on sale for $1 and had some leftover spaghetti, so we made spaghetti boats. This is a super easy dinner that your whole family will love! They will never know you used leftovers to make it. ;)
Sometimes I even use homemade french bread or French baguette if I have an extra loaf that I need to use up. We’ve also made spaghetti boats using zucchini when we are trying to be a little more healthy. Both ways are delicious, but of course anything with garlic bread involved is extra tasty in my book.
How to Make Spaghetti Boats
WARM. Reheat the leftover spaghetti until warm.
TOAST. Cut the french bread in half, then spread butter on top and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
TOP. Top the bread with your leftover spaghetti and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment or foil. This makes clean up super easy!
- If you don’t have leftover spaghetti, you can make a fresh batch.
- Sometimes I cut some of the bread out of the center of each loaf. This helps to hold the spaghetti a little better.
- Add fresh basil on top for extra flavor.
- Let cool a little once done, then cut each half into 4 slices.
More Easy Dinner IdeasBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 3 to 4 cups leftover spaghetti
- 1 loaf french bread , sliced in half
- 4 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Warm leftover spaghetti or cook fresh (sauce and noodles mixed together).
- Place the french bread halves onto baking sheet. Spread each piece with 2 Tablespoons of butter (more if you’d like). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder onto each piece. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top each piece of bread with about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of spaghetti. Then sprinkle on 1/2 to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Allow to cool, slice and enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
So yummy and easy!!!!
Came out wonderful. I baked the bread that I took out of the center. Then I put it in the oven for the last time I added the bread crumbs on top of the cheese.
So glad you enjoyed the recipe, Dustin. I’ll have to try it with bread crumbs next time…that sounds delicious!
Can this be frozen? Would like to make a large amount and store it in the freezer for a quick meal after a hard days work or for lunch. Thanks for your response.
My kids love to cook with me and this one is so much fun for them!
This is such a fun recipe to make and eat! My daughter has already requested it again!
This is such a fun idea! I always make too much spaghetti too and now I know leftovers will be a hit with this creative twist.
Such a great way to use leftover spaghetti! My kids loved this and have requested I make it next week!
I’m so glad they love it!!
Looks good and easy!
Can you make it fresh? I have 5 eating this (that includes me) and we have dinner every other weekend. It sounds really good.
Yes, you can definitely made this fresh! I usually just make way too much spaghetti so spaghetti boats are perfect to “disguise” the leftovers! ;)