This Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip has just a bit of a kick, and it is a simply delicious appetizer. A sure fire crowd-pleaser!
Football season is upon us, and for me, the best part about football gatherings is the FOOD! We don’t typically serve a lot of appetizers at my house, but when we get together to watch a game, yummy snack foods are a must.
This cheesy bacon dip may not be the prettiest appetizer to show up at the table, but I assure you that you will forget all about its looks after one mouthwatering bite. It is incredible!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip is so easy!
This dip starts with bacon, which is always a great way to start a recipe. To make it even more over the top delicious, you cook up your onions in the bacon grease with a little sugar and some seasonings. By this point your house smells pretty amazing, so don’t be surprised if people come running. :)
After your bacon and onions are cooked you just stir all the ingredients together and pour it into a slow cooker. I have a mini slow cooker, and it was the perfect size for my family. If you will be serving a crowd, you will want to double it and use a larger crock pot. In an hour or two, you will have a cheesy, melty, absolutely irresistible dip. Just look at that cheese!
This Spicy Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip is great for game day or family gatherings!
We loved this best served with tortilla chips, but you could also use crackers, bagel crisps, or even crunchy veggies. (I think red peppers would be great.)
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 1 small onion about 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 oounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel original), drained
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat till crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Reserve about 1/2 a tablespoon of bacon grease. Add the onion, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Fry in the bacon grease till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain any extra grease.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours, or on LOW for 2-3. Serve warm with chips, crackers, or veggies.
If you love this amazing appetizer for game day, you’ll enjoy these too!