Learn how to make strawberry crepes in just 15 minutes! The batter is easily made in the blender and then filled with a simple 2-ingredient strawberry sauce. These make the perfect breakfast or dessert!
This is a fun spin on my favorite crepe recipe. I especially love to make this strawberry version during the summer when fresh berries are in season. They add the perfect sweetness and give the crepes so much flavor.
Strawberry crepes are one of my favorite things ever! They make the perfect breakfast or dessert crepes and are seriously so delicious. I love that the presentation looks so pretty and fancy, but they are SO easy to make. The crepe batter is mixed together in the blender, while the strawberry sauce takes only 2 ingredients. Win! Sometimes I make the sauce into more of a strawberry jam consistency, which is also super simple and quick.
How to make strawberry crepes
Making crepe batter is so easy and quick! All you need is a blender and a skillet and you’ll have perfectly golden crepes in just 15 minutes. Follow the simple steps below to get started.
- BLEND. Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until batter is smooth, about 15-20 seconds. Place batter in refrigerator until ready to use.
- COOK. Spray an 8-inch frying pan with non-stick spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until crepes are lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- FILL. Fill or top with strawberry sauce (instructions below) and any extra toppings if preferred. Serve and enjoy!
This strawberry sauce crepe filling is SO delicious! There are two variations that you can make for your crepes. One that is SUPER SIMPLE (basically just strawberries and sugar) and then one that you cook that tastes more like a jam. Both are delicious, so it just depends on preference!
- Basic strawberry filling: Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl, then let sit in the fridge until a syrup forms, at least 15 minutes.
- Strawberry jam: Place strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan. Then add lemon juice and butter. Cook over medium-low heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes and allow to thicken. Mash with a fork if desired and allow to cool before serving.
- You can easily blend the crepe batter the day before and then cook them in the skillet the next day. You can even make crepes with pancake mix if you want an easier shortcut!
- This nonstick frying pan from IKEA is my favorite pan to use when making crepes. They never stick and cook perfectly each time!
- I folded and stacked my crepes, but you can also roll and fill them up (like a burrito).
- If not serving right away, keep your crepes warm by sticking them in the oven on a baking sheet at 175°F until serving.
Favorite crepe fillings
There are so many fillings that taste delicious. I love to make strawberry and cream crepes by using a cream cheese filling and adding the strawberry sauce on top. And don’t forget a sprinkle of powdered sugar. To die for!
- cream cheese crepe filling
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- buttermilk syrup
- maple syrup
- chocolate sauce
More types of crepes:
Strawberry Crepe Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour , sifted
- 1 pint strawberries , chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice , optional
- 1 Tablespoon butter , optional
Optional toppings: cream cheese filling, nutella, whipped cream, buttermilk syrup, powdered sugar
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, or until a syrup forms.
- For more of a jam strawberry filling, place the strawberries with sugar in a small saucepan. Then add the lemon juice and butter. Cook over medium-low heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Allow to thicken. Mash with a fork if desired and allow to cool.
- Fill the crepes with strawberry filing and add additional toppings if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!